Thread: Afternoon out
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:00 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Afternoon out

Had a great afternoon on the water. I'm going up to Melbourne to take a fly tying class and learn the names of the new materials out there since I haven't tied any flies since jungle cock eyes were still legal. I'll also be checking out a couple of rods. I need to get one for my daughter, So when Wayn called this morning, I figured I'd better go fishing to make sure I remembered how to throw flies before I get there.

We caught caught 4 reds apiece, doubling on two of them at a spot we traded Charlie our permit spot for. They were waiting for our arrival. There are not that many good spots on the Keys side of Florida Bay and Charlie's is very close to where I live.

Finger mullet were everywhere , and the water had cleared just barely enough to be able to spot them in a foot of water.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm thinking the tarpon season is going to kick off earlier than normal this year with the mild winter and warm water temps.

Cheers,
Jim