View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:56 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joining Furled Leader to Line without a Loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
For whatever reason (too-large loops, poor loop-to-loop interconnection, my lousy casting, etc.) I've never liked loop-to-loop connections because of "hinging". The other leader "quick change" method I use is the Scientific Anglers L2L Reconnect leader system. When the leader shortens down enough, I cut it back to the butt and build my own leader from that butt forward.

However, I'm interested in trying furled leaders but they all seem to come with loops on both ends. Simply cutting the line-end loop off and connecting it to my L2L leader butt with a blood knot doesn't seem to be an option because it looks like the furled leader would "unravel".

Any and all suggestions to attach the furled leader to my L2L leader butt (other than with the dreadedloop) would be gratefully appreciated.
I have to agree totally with Old Man...I have never had a hinging problem nor the hundreds I have made and sold clients, But if you really think they are hinging, try a double surgeons knot or whatever you use to connect the sections on your mono.
Maybe a nail knot but don't cut the loop as it will unravel.
But how to connect it to a L2L you would need a little mono butt section.
Again, I say try a furl again....it really shouldn't hinge.