View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Joining Furled Leader to Line without a Loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
. . . try a double surgeons knot or whatever you use to connect the sections on your mono.
Maybe a nail knot but don't cut the loop as it will unravel.
But how to connect it to a L2L you would need a little mono butt section. . . .
A double Surgeons knot might work, but it's hard to see how a nail knot would work. The line itself would have an L2L Reconnect fly-line end connector on it, which would attach to the L2L Reconnect leader-end connector, which in turn would have a foot or so of its original leader butt still attached to it. It's to this original L2L Reconnect short leader butt that I want to (permanently) attach the furled leader.

Looking at the furled leader (5 wt. BlueSky tapered), I suppose it would be possible to "thread & glue" its flattened loop to the remnant of original L2L leader butt, much as line loops are sometimes formed, but with my limited imagination it's hard to see how that loop end could be blood-knotted (my leader knot of choice until I get to the tippit, where I use a triple Surgeons Knot).