View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Joining Furled Leader to Line without a Loop?

Hi Fly2fish,

I think you have several good ideas. I like Joni's idea. Take a piece of mono leader about .023 dia and tie it to the loop in the Furled leader. I would use an Albright knot or a Uni knot or even a Palomar knot. Now take the piece of leader and tie it to your L2L connector leaving the leader only a couple of inches long. Connect your L2L connector together and you are good to go.

This way you can change leaders and it should not hinge. If you are getting hinging you may need to shorten the leader from the L2L to the fly line. Unless you have the L2L connected directly to the fly line?

Frank