View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 02:45 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nymph Swap Winter 2012

all tied up, actually I had to tie 14 cuz the first two I wrapped the wire over the back wing. pretty sure this would make the fly a little more durable, but, not sure if this will affect the flies effectiveness or not, but, since I have not tried it yet, I went back to the original that I know works.

The SBS is here: Mallard and Peacock Nymph SBS

Click the image to open in full size.

I fish this either on a sinking line or on a floating line generally down about 2 to 4 feet. When fishing, impart a little action to it, i.e. from your tube or boat, or shore, cast it out, let it sink a little and then bring it back in a couple 2 inch strips at a time, followed by a couple second pause. I like to also fish it right at the edges of weed beds where they drop off to deeper water. This fly works during both damsel and baetis hatches.

I'll make some tags and get these in the mail on Monday or Tuesday.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.