View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:41 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Joining Furled Leader to Line without a Loop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
. . . Unless you have the L2L connected directly to the fly line?
Thanks, Frank and others, for the responses. I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough about how the Scientific Anglers L2L Reconnect Leader systems work. In the two sequential images below, the green portion attaches to the end of a fly line (overhand knot is tied at the end of the fly line, then pulled into the green cone to secure the green line-side connector to the line end. The orange section on the right (color varies according to leader weight) is permanently attached at the factory to the butt end of the leader. So it is a simple matter to change out leaders whenever desired (I pre-rig a number of dropper rigs ahead of time on these leaders which I keep in an Orvis Dropper Rig flybox, to save rigging time on the water).

I recognize that a lot of fly-fishers use and like loop-to-loop connections, but I don't, because they hinge on me for whatever of the reasons I listed earlier. All I'm trying to find out (& there may not be an answer) is if there's some way to attach the cut back leader butt left on the L2L leader-side connector to the heavy end of a furled leader without using a loop-to-loop connection. It's not obvious to me how to do so without a loop, since cutting off the existing loop on the furled leader end would cause it to unravel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scientific Anglers L2LReconnect 1.jpg (4.8 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Scientific Anglers L2LReconnect 2.jpg (5.7 KB, 92 views)