View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An ongoing retrospective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Robert,

I'm not sure I completely understand your thoughts but will give you this........... The longer you fish = the longer you have caught fish. Eventually the actual catching of the fish will not really matter, however it is reassuring when you do. The more you catch the less you may be interested in what is known as "the fight". For me a really good fight is a really short one. I am not interested in torturing a fish whether I intend to kill it soon as I get it to shore or if I am going to release it. I never feel stupid when I'm landing a fish. I think fishing is a relatively simple thing from cast to the landing of the fish which is made to seem complicated by way too much hair splitting over minutia.

Perhaps you'll be as curious with my answer as I was your question

Part of the problem may be these 'other forums' you've been visiting No wonder you are confused and wandering, God only knows what kind of things you've been reading! Come back to the light Robert, come back to the Fly Fishing Forum
Ohh My Gosh, almost spit my tea out reading this. Funny Funny Funny

Dave