View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An ongoing retrospective

I can relate to what you're feeling while out on the water. For the first two years, I was completely self taught. At that time, the interwebs were just beginning so no access to forums, youtube, etc. I relied on watching other fly anglers and books. My "AH HA" moment came when I booked a guide to take me out and give me some instruction. That was one of the best money I've spent on anything fly fishing related. If you can book a guide for 1/2 or full day I say go for it, if possible do it before your trip. Not to diminish the great forum here, but there is simply no better learning experience than 1 on 1 instruction. If a guide is out of the question, try to find a local fishing club or others from a forum in your area to take you out and show you a few things.

Other than that, just go out and fish and by all means enjoy it!