View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 12:06 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trout Fishing In Germany 2005 "Long Story"

1978 fishing a small lake outside of Schiffdorf Germany from a row boat.Every other cast brought another beautiful BachForellen (brown trout) to the boat.I was fishing with my cousins young son and not knowing the language was going by his sign language and facial expressions that we were okay to fish there.
Then I noticed a bunch of older fishermen with their Euro tackle along the bank . They did not look happy.I attributed this to the fact that I was hammering the trout with my fly gear and that they were fishless. Boy was I wrong.
Upon returning to shore the local fish warden was waiting for me. The boy I was with was trying to reason with him but to no avail they took me to jail.
We got in touch with my cousin who convinced the warden that I was just a stupid American and to have mercy on me. They did. Later I found out that my mistake was letting those fish go without offering them to the old men on the bank who were the keepers of the lake. And the fact they didn't know who I was even though they knew my cousins son.
Never thought I'd cause an international incident over catch and release.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser