Re: trying to improve distance and form
I watched you video several times. I see several things you need to improve. You would really benefit from a casting DVD.
1. You need to work on your line control. You have all that loose line flopping around on the ground and you will never be able to shoot line. You need to gather the loose line in coils and hold them in you left hand. The line should be coiled in order and held in place by your thumb. When you need more line you feed it from the coils.
2. You are using way too much wrist action. Your line is traveling in an arc over your head. You need to stiffen your wrist. A good DVD will show you this.
3. You are probably casting too vertical. Try angling your rod more to the side.
4. You are not accelerating and stopping as you should. There were a couple of times you did but mostly it seems like a constant pressure cast.
5. If you are getting out 20 yards that is 60 feet. You must be doing something right part of the time.
6. It seems that you are casting too fast for the line to unwind and load the rod. You need to practice making a good pickup of the line, a good back cast and then deliver the line on the grass in front of you. Watch you back cast.
When you make the next video try to include the fly line in the picture. I would bet you are not getting tight loops in your cast. These are some things for you to think about. You really need a DVD or some lessons. It will make a big difference in your results.