View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

I've done that before. I tied commercially for 15 years. Time is my biggest issue now. Seems as I've gotten older I have less of it. I drive a tractor trailer for a living, and spend too much time out on the road. When I have free time, I really don't want to be tying just to make extra money. Work is work! All work & no play makes us all very old, very fast!

A fellow told me once you can't serve two masters, and I've learned he was correct. Back when I sold flies, I also worked a full time job. It's a lot easier to do when you're young!

BTW, I'm sitting at home now, not working, waiting for a call from my doctor. They've been running some tests on me & seem to think I have an issue with my heart. I'll have to see a cardiologist to be sure. I may end up going back to tying flies anyway! Life's too short as it is, do what you like & like what you do, and enjoy it while you can!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!