View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 'Fly Box Love' the Picture Thread...........

I've done that before. I tied commercially for 15 years. Time is my biggest issue now. Seems as I've gotten older I have less of it. I drive a tractor trailer for a living, and spend too much time out on the road. When I have free time, I really don't want to be tying just to make extra money. Work is work! All work & no play makes us all very old, very fast!

A fellow told me once you can't serve two masters, and I've learned he was correct. Back when I sold flies, I also worked a full time job. It's a lot easier to do when you're young!

BTW, I'm sitting at home now, not working, waiting for a call from my doctor. They've been running some tests on me & seem to think I have an issue with my heart. I'll have to see a cardiologist to be sure. I may end up going back to tying flies anyway! Life's too short as it is, do what you like & like what you do, and enjoy it while you can!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!