View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I also am not real big on fishing deep with a fly rod. If i'm going to be fishing mostly over 5' deep, out comes the Quantum.

I think the "extreme nymphing" technique would be a useful technique for that one huge deep pool on a river where other techniques work the rest of the time. I'm one of those weirdos who keeps a spare spool with shooting line with me for nymphing and i think it would work for that.

For anybody that has ever wanted a setup like that, thefullcreel.com has a 333 shooting line for cheap. With that and an Echo reel, you would have a set-up that is extremely popular and productive in Europe. If you leave the backing at 100yds or so, you'd have room for shooting heads too!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.