View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: trying to improve distance and form

As far as Wind goes.....A few options to try would be to overload your rod by one line weight, a good W/F line like the RIO 'WindCutter', and a fast action rod that will really punch your line into the Wind when needed.

The Wind can be the 'Devil', but at certain times it can be very helpful. When ever you can, try use it to your advantage, Often times the chop on the water created by Wind will allow for much closer opportunities @ presentation and helps conceal any line slap that often occurs when fishing with Wind. The Wind also creates major insect drift & feeding by "stirring the pot" so to speak, so figure out where it is pushing and concentrating the food sources.

If...you have to fish into the Wind, or have a side Wind, you will most likely need to shorten your cast and use your Stalking Technique to get you within a workable casting range.

If...you have the Wind at your back you can make some very long distance cast by letting the Wind carry your offerings with it.

Depending on how heavy a Wind, you may need to shorten your leader to compensate. This is something that you will learn over time as to how long, and how heavy a leader.

I hope this helps.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/