View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: trying to improve distance and form

The two major problems that strike me from watching the video is the rod tip path and an improper pause.
The pause on your back cast is far shorter than that on your forward cast. If you took the suggestion of placing your right foot more to the rear it will make it much easier for you to watch your back cast, and there is no sin in watching it either!
Try to develop a straight line path by keeping the rod tip tracing a straight line. Use a roof top or telephone line in the background as a guide.
I think in the video I saw the line swoop past you in a big arc. The energy used in creating that arc is better spent going in the direction you wish the cast to go in.
Your rod tip path is more like a windshield wiper than a straight line.
Once you get good, basic fundamentals down, learn to double haul. The DH will take you much farther if you use it with a good, basic working knowledge of the foundations like proper power application and tip path.