View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The End of The Line; Discussions on Furlled & Knotted Leaders.

I use nothing but furled leaders, but of course I am biased. Although I have read some articles and know some guys that have had issues with furled leaders in weedy / pond slime conditions. The leader tends to get covered in the slime. I donít think that it actually affects the fishing/casting, other than having a nasty smelling leader at the end of the day. Bass are not leader/tippet shy, so straight line leaders will work. But I personally prefer a heavy furled leader with a heavy length of tippet attached. Reason being, straight line leaders do not transfer enough energy to turn over and deliver big flies.
I do not get on to check my NAFFF messages as often as I should, but if you have any additional questions, feel free to email me at the contact info below.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com