View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:26 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how do you fly fish at you local stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
My wifes from Hawley & I used to fish all over that area. I used to camp in the gravel pit downstream from Rawlings when I went with friends. I only got caught in rising water from lake Wallenpaupack once & after that was careful. I also used to fish The Shohola, Bushkill, & Dyberry creeks. It's a nice area & is on my list of possible retirement areas,
We also fish the Bushkill; up around the Boy Scout camp. Very nice water; well maintained and not over-stocked.

Favorite streams for us are: Mud Run, Hickory Run, Kistler's Run, Tobyhanna Creek, Tunkannock Creek, Swiftwater Creek, Broadhead Creek, Paradise Stream, the Lackawaxen and the Little Lehigh River. All except the Lackawaxen are within 20 minutes of home.

We live in Pocono Pines; at the top of the Pocono plateau. When I retire, I'm going back to Massachusetts; but it is nice up here if you're the outdoor type. I fished on Wednesday and skied yesterday!