Thread: Which glue.....
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Which glue.....

I use epoxy on most, but have used super glue, and hot glue. Used to get a glue that was similar to model glue, but haven't used it in a long time. It was a clear general purpose glue that came in a tube.

Epoxy will stick to most things, is compatible with most and is likely the strongest. Super Glue also will stick to most things, but not all plastics. Hot Glue is great for cork & balsa. That other glue I used was fine for cork & balsa, not so good on some plastics as it melted the bodies.

I agree with Rip, wrap the hook with thread before gluing, & you'll get a stronger bond.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!