View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help guys....fly line loop

When the factory loop cracks, I make my own:
Click the image to open in full size.

That picture is a couple years old, and I only use one whip now (but keep the loop small like in the picture). Two wraps like in the picture is probably better for saltwater or sturgeon, and way too bulky for my current tastes. I cut the line at a steep angle, and glue the cut section with a tiny drop of CA glue. This seals the end and holds the loop in place while I make a few wraps and a whip finish. I apply a very light coat of Loctite's flexible sealant, and roll it between my fingers to push it into the thread wraps. I've fished these loops for countless hours, and have never had a problem with a single one.