View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 PM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Finally a nice warm spring day...

Those in the far northern latitudes might not want to read any further.
__________________________________________________ ______

Boulder,CO
Mar. 5
65 degrees, sunny, breezy with gusts to 25mph.
Finally a nice warm day, took a long lunch and landed 11 small browns 8-12" in town on my new TFO 3wt. Tons of people out riding their bikes, walking, and running. No other lunchtime anglers though! I waded in sandals for a short while in the ~40 degree water.
Nothing big, but my best numbers in months, and starting to feel more confident with the little noodle rod.

Fish were occasionally rising in one hole, but I did not manage to match the hatch; having refusals on black and olive #22 comparaduns. All fish were taken on a home made #16 black zebra midge pupa. They refused the#22 black midge emerger that they have taken the last few weeks.

I hope others are enjoying the warm spell as well, it is supposed to snow again this weekend. If you are freezing you buns off in Canada or Alaska, I warned you not to read!
TB