View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 09:40 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!!

Thanks all. The new Sage is AWESOME!!! The rod casts wonderfully, its light and SUPER responsive. The Sage line i got on clearance also shoots really well and floats high. I had no issues presenting my fly quietly and right where i wanted it with 35' casts. I hate to say it because i love my other St Croix dearly but my ST Croix 8wt couldnt come close to touching this Vantage. Im sure the cork will be MUCH darker and have that fish goo funk by fall when I put it away. I plan to hit this water pretty much every week if I can, I have plenty of water to explore, this section is just a .75 mile section by me.

Let me clarify siomething right quick...there is NO ( direct ) RAW sewage in this watershed. There is polutants though. Many of the storm drains in the area neighborhoods and in the industrial park flow into this creek. So anything in the streets is sweep into it. So common things to see are tires, plastic bags, bottles, cans, grocery carts, lawn mowers etc etc. The actual water shed/creek has very little of this actual junk in it, it mostly ends up in the gravel bars and on the sides. We are kinda starting a mini stream team on it to help keep it clean. So please, DO NOT be concerned about me getting a nasty bactieral infection via poo from this creek. All I have caught so far is carp-aloism. :P

I have also been taking video, so hopefully by the fall I can throw a nice 10-15min video together of my escopades in the poop-chute.

Storm Drain Bonefisher