View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by planettrout View Post
tbblom,

Thanks !!!

Back in the mid-80's, there was a guy who was in the California Highway Patrol who opened a small fly shop in Bridgeport, CA ( he only lasted two seasons before he was reassigned), where the East Walker River is located. He tied a lot of nymph patterns using Marabou for tails and shucks. His flies clobbered Trout up in the high elevation lakes and on West Walker River and the creeks that feed Bridgeport Res. Sometimes... I wonder why I don't tie more nymphs incorporating that concept...

PT/TB
PT: Very good point, I should give that a try "some nymphs using Marabou for tails and shucks", I'm guessing that would be killer out here as well. Loved that RED HEAD ASSASSIN!

Tbblom: Awesome looking nymphs!