View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: When did you start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick View Post
I slipped into a local charity bass tournament a few yes back on a local lake and at weigh in had 13.7 lbs, 5 fish limit in the livewell. When they (as they always do) ask what I had used, I broke out the chart/white clouser minnow and the fly rod and was disqualified based on BASS rules governing max rod lenght. It didn't matter. I had a standing bet with one of my bass buddies that I could catch as many on the fly as he could on the standard bass gear and got a six pack out of the deal.
Cool, and I agree, as a matter of fact at times i catch more on a fly then other bass gear, there is just somehting natural about a fly that crankbaits, worms and spinners just cant match at times. I have been toying with the idea of buying the new sage bass series since they are under the 8' rule. With todays tiers and ideals there are some great new bass patterns to. Hey maybe Sage would sponser me LOL
take care
Bear