View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:42 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fisherman's Best Friend

(...and fisherwoman's of course!)

Who fishes with their dog(s)?

These two girls are not from the same litter, but certainly share some blood somewhere down the line. They are both Border Collie mutts, "rescued" a year apart. I've been taking these two since they were old enough. They are pretty good, stay back when I tell them too and generally hang around while I fish. Lucy has put me onto fish I otherwise would have missed. When I see her focused on the water I know she saw a rise. Unfortunately her hips are getting bad. Yesterday we fished for 3 or 4 hours and she is really sore, hobbled. She's only 7. It's been an issue for the past year, kinda sad.

Click the image to open in full size.
Lucy and Gertie

We've had some pretty sketchy moments on the river and I still like fishing alone sometimes, but these days I'm usually happy to them along.

Let's hear about your four-legged fishing friends.