View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 PM

pkins44 will become famous soon enoughpkins44 will become famous soon enough
Default Today on the Dupage

Today started with a little rain and breezy but the temperatures were up. The unfortunate thing was forgetting my camera. It was the best day this year for fishing on the Dupage (for me atleast).

5 Rock bass one being about 8"
3 Smallmouth one about 15"
1 Largemouth 8" small

I started out at Hammel woods just below the damn no luck there. I moved downstream to the Rt 52 bridge and caught all the rock bass, the largemouth and 1 tiny smallmouth. After I was done playing with the dinky fish, I relocated to the Dupage in shorewood off river rd. There is a nice park there with several holes and also a fork in the river. I didnt explore any of the forked area but worked along the shoreline of the park. Found two productive holes which each produced a smallmouth 15" and 12". The 12" proved to be the better of the fight. I plan to explore this park further in waders on Wednesday, the forecast is 80*. If it proves to effect the fish as much as the 63* did today it should be another great day on the river. And this time I will remember the camera. Good luck and see you out there.