View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Edward Vom Hofe # 355 reel?

Sorry I have been away for a few days...in "dark" territiry. The EVH model 355 predated the 360. I will do some research into the reel.....will reply soon....I am not immediately aware of a model that was dubbed the 335.....

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

After doing some quick research, my best guess is one of two things:

1. Everyreel was handmade, and a "new" apprentice stamped the reel incorrectly and then corrected it.

2. The foot is not original to that reel, and the number was changed to match this reel configuration. the problem with scenario is that there were very few EVh models that had the second number as a 3...the one I am aware of was the 723, and it wasn't produced until years later (1932)....and it does not appear that there was a 7 in front of the 3, or a 2 under the second 5.

I love mysteries! I have forwarded your photos to my father-in-law....I hope that is okay. He is a bonafide expert on EVH reels (also Walkers and Zwargs) having dealt in them for 25 years, and owning a few hundred of them (each....no joke). He is in Costa Rica right now, so I will wait to see what he emails back.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.