View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:37 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!!

So I fished it last night. Got there about 5:30 to find several carp tailing in the most difficult area of the hole to access with a fly rod. I tried casting at a couple cruisers out int he main area but no takers. One bad cast at a guy who was REAL shallow rooting some leaves and the whole group was done. Damn it. So then they were all cruising but looking aroudn still..ah they are still hungry. No takers on the nymphs, except a horny head chub in full spawn colors that was close to 9" long ( like i said,I will ALWAYS catch atleast one of these in there ), anyway. I decided if I wasnt going to catch a carp, I wasnt going to catch one on a big newly tied near nuff caryfish.

Thats when it got interesting, first fish i tossed it at came rushing over to see what it was, but something spooked it. the other fish were incredibly interested in it but wouldnt commit. Then it got straight up bizare. This hole is next to the bike trail. An older "gentlemen" rode passed me, turned around, got off his bike and procecided to pick up large sticks and chuck them into the water at my fly line. I said SERIOUSLY?!?! aloud to him which gathered no response. I was just about done fishing anyway so I started to pack up. As im walking back over to my rod tube and taking everything apart, he is still throwing sticks at me, at which point i get irritated and heave a couple of rocks back in his general direction. this stopped the sticks to me, but he watched me til i walked off, then he got back on his bike and rode off. Interesting. I also use the term "gentlemen" because this a**clown was easily 55-60 years old. Whatever.....

So until next time, I didnt take any pictures of the chub since I hate them but I'll get bck on the sunfish soon here. Im going to fish another creek this weekend, I dont think it will be as storm drainy but its thru a city so we shall see!!!

Storm Drain Bonefisher