View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 02:04 PM

Cabinetman is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing the Southern Coastal area of California

Hi all.

I'm a rank newbie to this forum so please be kind!

My wife (who is my flyfishing partner) and I will be traveling to San Diego from Connecticut for a week of touring the Southern part of California. We'll end up flying home from San Francisco after driving that whole area, South to North. We're just going to explore the area inbetween those two cities. I was wondering if any of you who might be familiar with this area would be able to suggest a few places where we might be able to wet our lines for a day or at least 1/2 day as we spend the week driving and touring around. If there is an Orvis guide in that area, we'd be interested in that too. We find that guides work really well when you don't have a lot of time to investigate good fishing areas.

We've fly fished from the North Woods of Maine (Libby Camps) to the South Western part of Alaska on an Inuit reservation for wild Salmon. We've also fished Montana and Wyoming a bit and I had a great few days in South Eastern PA this past fall. We'd love to be able to stop and spend some time in Southern California if there are any good areas to explore.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions you might have.

Rome
aka Cabinetman