View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does it upset ya......

Like others, i always seem to come out of the woods or off of the river banks with more than I went in with. It payed off once, a few years ago. I had loaded my kayak back on the portage wheels, and was filling the open cockpit of the 'yak with the remains of what appeared to be a pond-side teenage beer party. A Ranger came along with a handcart and an armload of garbage bags, as he had seen the mess the day before, and was now coming bak to clean it up.

Between the two of us, we finished cleaning-up the mess, and he helped me roll my beer bottle and can filled 'yak back to the parking area (almost 1/2 mile away). We got talking, and he told me about another, previously unknown to me, kayak accessable smallmouth bass pond, which I've fished sereral times since, with great results!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky