View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Does it upset ya......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
You guys have the right idea, it has been my experience that although my own act of removing trash does not change the behavior of others it does make a difference. We have had this topic hashed out many times over the years and I've said before; even here in Alaska you will find piles of trash deep into a river system. I float a river several times each year, the trip takes me 5 - 6 days and covers a little over 70 miles depending where I launch from. There are about 60 miles that are not accessible by road or by walking due to the Bush. It is always perplexing to find trash on this stretch because the people who leave it had to have gotten there on rafts or drift boats of some sort. I used to bag and take with but sometimes the bulk of the load became a burden. My answer was to begin using my trenching tool to dig holes and to bury most of what I find.

Here's a closing thought; glass is especially dangerous! The most dangerous is clear bottles like those Corona beer bottles (litterbugs drinking Imports) Have you ever used a hand held magnifying glass to focus the suns rays into a beam that will ignite a fire? A broken clear glass beer bottle can do the same thing. If you don't believe this you need to bust one and start trying pices............. Of course this is a long shot right? I've learned this by living where there is a very limited road system; fighting fires 50 miles off road is a real long shot. Fires like this have to burn themselves out and take everything else with them while they burn.

Do what you can,

Ard
Click the image to open in full size.

best i can tell this happened from focused light
goode thing my wife was driving by our condo and saw our herb garden ablaze
crazy but true, wierd stuff can and will happen.

casey

ARFE