View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adventures in a Storm Drain!!

On yesterday's walk with the dogs I was amazed how the creek wasnt terribly blown out or off color. It was high, more current then normal and stained, but not bad. So after the walk I went back and fished for an hour and a half. There were some young kids on the other side when I got there fishing with hotdogs. one kid had broken his line off and not brought spare hooks. They asked if I had any extra and long story short I ended up tying a bluegill spider on the kids pole and he was amazed the fish would eat just that. To which he then procced to catch a very nice green sunfish with. he was pretty pumped.

Back to me, fish were minimal. i didnt take many pictures of them since they were all mostly 3-4" green sunfish. The big guys were all hiding. I missed the bass a couple times ( damn ) and caught some nice spawning colored horny head chub - figures. i did take a picture of one for giggles,

Click the image to open in full size.

its biggish and ugly. Caught two like that. So thats where I am today, might go fish today AND tomorrow at different places. We'll see.

Storm Drain Bonefisher