View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sewage Grinder Pump Questions?

Our daughter and future hubby are looking to buy a house. One of the houses they recently looked at had a sewage system with an enclosed holding tank and a "Grinder Pump".
I know very little about this type of system so I thought I'd ask if anyone here is familiar with them and could give me some information; Good, bad? Pump life and cost to replace? Do they need to be routinely serviced?

I'm sure you need to be very cautious about what goes into the system, no fem-care products, wetwipes, or plastic.

Thanks in advance for your help.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."