View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:33 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Broke in a new rod and removed a skunk

I fished somewhere else today that WASNT my storm drain!! haha. There are some lakes kinda close to me and I have fished them kinda sorta half assed a couple of times and never really had any luck. Well Sunday i went to a creek and tried out my new Sage bass rod but it was too high from saturdays rain and off color. So the rod started with a slight skunk...not good.

So off to these ponds, never caught much but there is always little bass patrolling the shore and bluegill so hey why not. Tied on a clouser minnow i have that i wanted to look like a bluegill,

Click the image to open in full size.

^^This, and started chucking it alone the banks with short strips. Well the little bass were all over it. First 3 fish wiggled off ( its barbless...bah ) but I finally brought one to hand,

YAY! No more skunks, So i walked around the lake, catching a few more and most of them flopping off, i had one that would have been close to the legal 12" length buuuuut it flopped off again. All in all a good day, I spent alittle over an hour there and caught 6 fish so i cant complain. Here's another dink bass

Then it hit me on the drive back home, in the past 5 days, I've gone fishing 4 times. Most excellent.

Storm Drain Bonefisher