View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default More than than you can shake a stick at...

I went out to the ponds yet again today for some more fishing. Not until now did I realize that I've been out almost every day since we've had great weather. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that.

I took the 2wt out again and tied on a small size 10 black zonker and landed a nice crappie. I figure I would have had a couple more because I got a little too carried away with my Bill Dance hook sets. (I was excited to be out.) I love my 2wt dearly, but I found out today that she does not like weight. Even with the little zonker. Once the rabbit soaked up some water, the rod started clouser kicking. After nearly giving myself a free ear-piercing, I put on a size 10 chartreuse foam spider. Then, the bluegill started hitting like mad. I don't even remember how many I caught. I also had a HUGE bass hammer the bug and nearly had a heart attack when I seen it jump. And of course, it spit the hook.

This pond has a few gigantic grass carp in it too. I thought I would cast by where it was rooting around. I didn't think it would do any good. Sure enough, this giant head and mouth came racing towards my spider. Stupidly, I pulled the hook away too soon. I was disappointed, yet relieved at the same time because I don't think I had a snowball's chance of landing that beast. The 8wt will be coming next time.

Anyway, I leave you folks with a couple of pictures from the day. Enjoy!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.