View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tippet to Leader Knots ?

I'm not a spring chicken anymore and have hit the "my arms aren't long enough" phase of life. I always wear eye protection when I fly fish (since the day I beaned my eye with a clouser) and all of them have built in cheaters. I have cheaters in every room in the house, My line box, my spey bag, my front left pants pocket, my car, my remote bag in the bedroom, my rod building table, my fly tying table, my ...... everywhere. I do my blood knots without a tool. I start with the lines crossed between my thumb and the finger next to my Karate pinky. . I do four turns and put the line through the hole made by my abused digits and the crossed line. I do the other side by by taking the crossed line and the tag end and clamping them in plact with the other hand and then repeat in the opposite direction. It helps to practice and wear good cheaters. I've got some cheaters that are so powerful I should be able to see through stuff.

P.S. It's the only knot I trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
Curious, why not a Perfection on both sides?
Perfection loops are not even close to 100% strength knots.