View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 01:56 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is it time to get proactive ???

Those S(*S&B*&^%%S have been playing those games for years, whats hurting fishing and hunting more is people not takeing the time to teach their kids to fish and hunt, I have noticed on fishing programs some are starting to incourage people to take teir kids and even friends kids and nieces and nephews fishing, and there are starting to be city programes where the local clubs and conservation departments are holding kids fishing days and even teachers are adding "outdoors" field trips and talking about it in class. To me those are the best ways to teach kids and other folks about the outdoors and fishing and hunting and the truth of such. So many people today worry about makeing money, wich is good, but they need to learn to get back to mother nature and her wonders. There is even a passage in the bible about how God put fish and animales on this planet to provide for man( not trying to get a religan debate going here). I take any kid fishing that wants to go. my sons friends thats never been, other kids in my familoy that their parents either are not into fishing or just dont have the time, I even offer a discount on my guide trips for people that bring a kid. NOT advertising here. lol.
Another thing we can do is this. I was fishing for trout one day and useing a spinning rod and spinners, a mother brought her kid to fish and they set pretty close to me. after 5 minutes I could see the mother had no clue and the kid only being 7 or so didnt either. I walked over and introduced my self to the mother and said I would show her son how to fish a little if she didnt mind. She said that was great, so I started in on knot tying, casting, diffrent lures and technecs and diffrent fish in the river and after just a few moments she was setting right beside us listing. I seen them a couple weeks later, they BOTH had rods and a better tackle selection and they both caught fish. No I am not bragging here, I am just saying that we as fisherman need to slow down a little some times and not worry about catching fish our sleves and teach others, who knows maybe that mother will take her son fishing more and they will take her sons friends that have never fished.
And while your teaching them to fish, teach them about nature also, the birds they hear and see, the fish in the water we dont fish for, the plants and trees they see and how everything ties into one another.Teach them just to enjoy the day and their surrindings as well as catching the fish.
Anyway I have rambled on long enough
Bear