View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 11:20 PM

DAVY WOTTON will become famous soon enoughDAVY WOTTON will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bending My Wrist

Some interesting conclusions here so far as wrist bending is concerned. No doubt at all the wrist plays a very integral part in casting efficiency.
And in my book the best casters l have ever known, and at one time l was in to tournamnet casting all have a 100% wrist control.

My style is a very short arm movement with as Doug says a sharp wrist snap, that can send a fly line one hell of a long way with no need of either a single or a double haul, which in the case of trout fishing l hardly ever use any way, as most effective fishing ranges are within 50ft.

I always loved accuracy events, and for the most part it was the wrist that did the work, and it has to be if you wish pin point accuracy.
Your movement has to be replicated the same way, as would a dart player if he wished to be consistant at hitting the target, same also for a skeet shooting.
I personally have never seen a good accurate caster that was all arm !! and for that matter overall generall casting.

But ok if that works for you no problem, just go and enjoy fly fishing, but there will certainly be times that a lack of wrist control will limit what you can do with that fly line, be it dealing with accuracy, wind and a host of other things you will have to deal with.

Davy

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS OF FLY FISHING

WHITE RIVER FLY FISHISHING GUIDE SERVICE

EDITORIAL AND CONSULTANCY FOR FLY FISHING PRODUCTS-PUBLICATIONS