Thread: Wading Pants
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wading Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbevo View Post
Anyone here use wading pants? There are several places I fish that don't require full chest waders. Seems to me that wading pants might be a good alternative for small ponds and creeks and would also be easier and quicker to get into and out of. Also seems that pants might be good to use on a pontoon or kickboat. I was thinking about getting a pair to supplement my chest waders. Just wondering if anyone has any reviews/thoughts and/or recommendations.
You want quick on and off and don't need chest high waders? Get some boot-foot hippers with felt soles. If the weather's warm enough for them to get hot, wade wet.

As far as float tube use goes, I'm thinking either chest waders or wading wet (shorts or pants paired with neoprene socks and boots (And if you do fall all the way in out in the middle of a lake, you'll swim faster if you're not wearing a drift sock!)) is the way to go. Having slow influx of water via plumber-butt/droopy wading pants over the course of a day sounds like a drag to me.

Seriously, in the Hill Country streams, boots with guard socks will be plenty warm starting in about March.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.