Thread: Wading Pants
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Wading Pants

Hi to all,

I have a pair of Simms Guide Pants and in most cases they are more useful than chest waders. The chest waders that fold down to make pants are a compromise. When you fold down the top part of chest waders you reduce the breathabilty of the upper pants. You end up increasing the amount of material that has to breath. I didn't find them nears as comfortable as the Guide Pants.

I wear my Guide Pants when wading and in my pontoon boat. Before I got the Guide Pants I used hip boats in the pontoon. It seemed on just about every float I managed to get some water in the hip boats one way or another. I needed the pants to help keep me out of deep water and trouble when wading.

Now Simms has came back with the Guide Pants design in a new model called the Headwaters Pants. I have not seen them but would expect them to be good. I am a little disappointed they didn't keep the Guide Pants name. Several of the guide I have known really liked the Guide Pants for rowing and tending to clients.

Frank

Simms Headwaters Pants.
Click the image to open in full size.