View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is it worth bringing? Or did I miss trout season on the Guadalupe

Most all the rivers that have good populations of bass are currently high and dirty, as we finally got some good rain.

The tailrace section of the Guad is in good shape though, and there should still be decent numbers of trout left in there.

I'd either go to Rio Raft by the fourth crossing or Action Angler at the third crossing (both allow day access for $5, I think), and fish nymphs or glo-bugs in the deep ruts in the limestone.

I've pulled some decent fish from below the 3rd this year-

Click the image to open in full size.

(take note of the background in the second pic )

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Oh, and your timing is about perfect- it should be warm enough to wet wade, but its still too cold for much tubing. Any tubers out this time of year will wait until the afternoon, so you can go early and miss them.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.