View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: your opinion on expensive reels?

I use to feel the same way. I still wont spend 500 or 700 on a reel, but yes the better reels are worth the money. I use to fight fish with line in hand and still do on small ones, but after buying better reels I have found getting them on the reel is much better, if the drag is set right, and by bigger I mean like 2 lbs and up. Also the better reels last longer and are also lighter, wich means less fatige ihn casting. Like a coupe have said on here its all in what you like. For me I have found the middle of the road gear does great, last longer, cast better and is more of a joy to use, weather its reels, rods, lines or what ever. Most of my gear nowdays cost around 150-400 on rods and 100-300 on reels. Another thing to keep in mind is this time of year alot of companiesare putting things on clearance, so its a good time to pick up gear at great prices.
Good Luck Bear