View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:24 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: your opinion on expensive reels?

Ard does bring up a good point, watch yard sales and estate sales, my dad picked up a cabelas bamboo three piece with two tips, still in the cloth bag and metal tube for 30 bucks, had not set in the tip no varnish wear, it was MINT. If you find a used reel with a cork drag open it up and make sure the cork isnt smashed down or breaking apart. With these drags you should back the drag nobe off a turn when not in use and alot of folks dont know that. With click prawl drags make sure the prawls arent broke or cracked, also look the spool over and make sure it isnt warped thats a problem I have ran into with used reels.
One Last thing if you run across an Able with the brook trout paint job, for under 100, buy it and call me LOL