Thread: Fishy Behavior
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fishy Behavior

I'm not sure how many of you have noticed this; or if anyone else has noticed this, but I thought I'd post it to see if I'm the only one observing it or not.

Sometimes when I hook a trout (doesn't seem to matter what variety of trout it is) in a pool where there are a large number of other trout, I find that the hooked fish is "shadowed" by up to half a dozen or more other fish, as it runs, tires, runs again, etc. while hooked. The behavior of the shadowing group is almost exactly like the behavior of the hooked fish; in terms of speed in the water, directional changes, etc. I wonder, what is going on here (?) Are the other fish simply curious / spooked or is there some form of communication / support going on here (?)

Any ideas?