View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sage SLT vs. Sage ZXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
Neither of these rods is slow. The ZXL is quicker than the SLT. With the 3 wt's you have in your quiver now, I see an overlap by adding another one but I know nothing about the Elkhorn to say how either would compare to it. That said, I have 4 3 wt's and two are the exact same rod except one is a GII and the other is a GIII graphite so don't trust me on counting rods
I was concerned about the overlap as well. Especially considering I just sold off a Sage Launch and St Croix Avid both in 3WT. The Elkhorn is fairly fast, it feels heaver than the spec sheet says but I think they shave some weight in the reel seets they use. The Elkhorn to me was a shorter version of the Launch is why I kept it and sold the Sage Launch.

I did cast a 386-4 ZXL a while back and it is a absolute dream.....it could quite relegate the TXL to a backup/guest rod (unless of course I get a new TXL-F also)