Thread: Health
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Health

Hi Jimmy,

I moved your post over to The Lodge Den as it is not about fly fishing. Did you join to discuss fly fishing or to give your message?

To all,

Jimmy does present a good topic that will affect our fly fishing futures. I know we have a few fly fishers that are over weight or headed in that direction. After 50 I had to watch my diet and exercise. It has been hard, very hard, to keep my weight under control. I am still in good enough shape to back pack at 74. I would love to take my son on a back pack trip into the high Sierra's and introduce him to some heavenly spots that are breath taking. Unfortunately he is way over weight and can't get the mail without huffing and puffing. He likes to fish but it has to be trolling from a boat with lots of beer and cigarettes. I worry all the time that I will out live my son.

I don't know how many more years I will be able to wade a stream but keeping in good physical shape will surly extend that time. The older I get the harder it is to control my diet and exercise. So I hope some of you who might be on the wrong health trail, will take steps to improve your situation. Good health will definitely impact your years of fly fishing. Your family and friends will appreciate your efforts.

Frank