View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 PM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: George Anderson's "4-Weight Shootout"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegboy1 View Post
What?!! No tip heavy cumbersom technologicaly outdated noodles in the shootout !???

Just kidding, just kidding, just kidding.
Hey, Hey...by cumbersome tip heavy you mean a rod that bends, requires a slow casting stroke and makes soft subtle dry fly deliverys. The superfines, Winston WT's, are true 4 wts. How could they do a shootout without the premier Orvis 4wt rod????

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout sniper View Post
I hace three of the 4wts on that list (I really need to thin my fly rod collection out, it is an addiction) and the TFO Finesse is my favorite of all of them. IMO it is BS that he put the Finesse that low on the list.
right on here...though I think the 7'9" Finesse is FAR better than the 8'9" that they tested. I have 6 four wt rods and it is still one of my favorite 4wts. I fish with it all the time and it is as good as any 4wt at any price IMO.