Thread: Health
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health

All-

Yeah, we've been bombarded by a lot of folks under different user names and IPs with some sort of lame non-fly fishing related message wanting to make new friends etc, with the same link at the bottom purporting to go to some drug addiction rehab site, usually from a state no where near where the user claims to be based-- I don't know what they're up to but doubt it's legit. I dumped the link on this one in the event it's just there to capture data from board members, and will continue to ban these new "users" (granted probably a poor choice of words in this case) from the board as they pop up. The English is usually a bit "off" also in these posts-- nothing wrong with that in and of itself, mine often is, but i wouldn't be shocked to learn that this originated in some far off distant land--- further off and more distant than our friends to the North.

Just leaving this thread up so folks can see what's going on. Perhaps my skepticism is unwarranted. If so, I wish them well, but based on the attempt to blanket the site with similar posts I'm thinking they should get dumped.

It would be different if this was a member "in good standing" with other posts related to fly fishing that wanted to post a link to a legit org of some sort in his/her signature line and if there was an issue of some sort for some reason, I would ask for an explanation (or explained the reasons if any action were taken) via PM to the member.

Just wanted to let you know where I'm coming from on this, but perhaps I'm being too harsh...? Frank if you want me to restore privileges, I'd be happy to.

peregrines