View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simms customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver creek View Post
I have no inside knowledge but I will say that when customer service starts to wane, it can mean underlying financial problems for the company.

Since Simms is privately held, there is no way to tell. They could be cutting back on customer service to make their bottom line look better for a sale.
+1 here?

Are the Simms products any better than the average 'run of the mill?' Probably, but at "4X" the cost?

I think not; honestly can't think of a single reason I'd pay as much as $800 for a set of waders (I won't even go into what they ask for the rest of their 'gear.') You can purchase very good equipment for 1/4 of that figure and buy 3 'back ups' if so moved.

Personally I use Dan Bailey's and I've been hard pressed to get to the point of tossing a set. One 'chestie' was sent to them for 'repair' and call back a few days later telling me they were ... well, just worn out. I can live with that as I'd used them (I kid you not!) for close to TEN YEARS!

What was 'wrong?' The material would 'weep' in places but the neo-booties had just given up the ghost. End game was leaving them in the back of the Jeep (hot sun/inside car temps) had just done the rubber material in....

Like 'Dah Fred?' End game was a credit card number and replacements on my door step about 5 days later.