View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM

evan_aff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Simms customer service

I typically stay out of these threads, but given how much Simms has bent over backward for me in the past, I really feel inclined to send them some love.

I recently had a very disappointing warranty experience with another company, so I can definitely empathize. I personally have been to Simms headquarters and seen their warranty department. It's literally two people, with a literal mountain of gear to go through. And from the looks of it, it was mostly gear that had just been worn out past its lifespan, not failed product. Simms is not as huge an operation as one might think, and the few who are working there are working unbelievably hard to keep the customers happy. Things don't always go perfectly, but that can be said for any company.

I fish a lot. Far more than the average angler. Most all my fishing involves hiking, climbing over rocks and logs, and just plain abusing my gear to its limits. Simms is the only wader/boot manufacturer I've found that has anything that can hold up to what I do. My G4 waders have literally hundreds of miles on them in the past year, and are holding up just as well as the day I got them. My Rivershed boots I picked up at the same time have nearly as many miles on them, save a few trips where I opted for another sole, which I have boots from another company. With about 1/10 the mileage, I've had THREE pairs of boots from this other company fall apart on me.

Sorry this was so long, I just empathasize with the companies and customers both. I work for a company (Allen) and do warranty exchanges myself, so I know how challenging it can be sometimes. I've had my fair share of shortcomings and miscommunications in that dept for sure. I just wouldn't totally write them off because of it, because the next company has just as much chance of making the same mistake.