View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM

tbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud oftbblom has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any experience with Playa del Carmen/Cancun?

[QUOTE=Rip Tide;425870]I've never been there, but always enjoyed these two stories from Jack Gartside

"on a Gartside expedition, one survives on one's own skills, going fishless if necessary. Hiring a guide is considered both decadent and an admission of failure akin to having a pizza delivered while scaling Mount Everest."

well, I'll admit, I've always kind of felt that way in regards to hiring a guide (never hired anyone before, mostly self taught). I believe I will be doing some kayak and surf hunting, and I have most of a week on my own to do that... so maybe I'll figure out a thing or two on my own.
Although, given my being a saltwater flyrod 'virgin', it might be worth paying someone to show me around for a few hours early in the week.

Sounds like june in Cancun will produce just about every species of flats fish one could desire. I like the rental quad idea, that could be a blast!

Instagram page @tblom77