View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM

tbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to beholdtbblom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any experience with Playa del Carmen/Cancun?

[QUOTE=Rip Tide;425870]I've never been there, but always enjoyed these two stories from Jack Gartside

"on a Gartside expedition, one survives on one's own skills, going fishless if necessary. Hiring a guide is considered both decadent and an admission of failure akin to having a pizza delivered while scaling Mount Everest."

well, I'll admit, I've always kind of felt that way in regards to hiring a guide (never hired anyone before, mostly self taught). I believe I will be doing some kayak and surf hunting, and I have most of a week on my own to do that... so maybe I'll figure out a thing or two on my own.
Although, given my being a saltwater flyrod 'virgin', it might be worth paying someone to show me around for a few hours early in the week.

Sounds like june in Cancun will produce just about every species of flats fish one could desire. I like the rental quad idea, that could be a blast!