View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Now this was a fun read; folks have a private trout hatchery in Montana.

Ard and Fred are correct. The state of Montana still stocks some lakes, as far as I know, but do not stock streams.

The brilliance of the wealthy men like Daly "fixed" all the boring grayling/cutthroat rivers by stocking them with Rainbows, Browns and Brookies so they catch fish that looked like the ones they left behind when they moved West.

I don't know what a "golden eye trout" is either, golden eye ducks, yes - trout...ehhh...I know that the state stocked golden trout back in the day.
------------------------------------------
Thanks for peaking my curiosity, Milt...I went for a little google stroll and found this very interesting interview from 2004, which was the 40th anniversary of Montana ending it's river stocking program.

http://fwp.mt.gov/mtoutdoors/HTML/ar...ickVincent.htm